One can decide the location where the dimple will be or can let the doctor decide the most optimal place for the dimples on the face.
What is Dimple Creation? DIMPLE CREATION is also known as Dimpleplasty
Many individuals wish that they were born with charming dimples to enhance or beautify their face. Across cultures dimples are considered a sign of good luck and prosperity. Also, dimples help enrich a smile and add character to it
What is a dimple?
A dimple is the natural outcome of a small defect within the muscle. The skin that sits on the top this small muscle defect essentially conforms to the underlying tissue, creating the effect of a dimple in the cheek (or chin sometimes) when one smiles.
DIMPLE CREATION surgery or dimpleplasty is a relatively easy and painless procedure to create a dimple for those who intend to want one.
One can decide the location where the dimple will be, or can let the doctor decide the most optimal place for the dimples on the face.
WHO NEEDS IT?/ CANDIDATURE FOR DIMPLE CREATION
Who is the best candidate for Dimple Creation?
- By removing different amount of cheek muscles, it can be performed on any type of cheek, let it be chubby or skinny.
- The surgeon can customize the dimples to match the appearance of rest of the facial features and can be made slightly smaller or larger depending on one’s desire.
Eligibility to undergo a Dimple Creation :
Any of the above mentioned reasons makes you a suitable candidate to undergo DIMPLE CREATION , But to be an eligible candidate for surgery you should also fulfill the following criteria:
- Every surgical procedure, including plastic or cosmetic surgery involves certain risks. You should undergo a DIMPLE CREATION only if you have a medical requirement or you feel that the particular surgery will enhance your quality of life.
- You shall be a good candidate for the DIMPLE CREATION if you are healthy, you have realistic expectations from the outcome of the surgery and you are aware of all the risks associated with the procedure.
- You cannot consider undergoing a cosmetic surgery if you have serious health issues like diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders like haemophilia or depression.
- You shall not be a good candidate for the DIMPLE CREATION if you smoke or drink too much alcohol
- You should have positive attitude!
- You expectations from the outcome of the surgery should be realistic.
- You should be ready to miss at least a few weeks of normal activity.
Benefits Of Dimple Creation
- One of the biggest advantages of dimpleplasty is that it can be performed on absolutely anyone, irrespective of the size of cheeks.
- The procedure takes about an hour with very minimal recovery time.
- It is also a reversible and safe procedure.
Ageing is a natural process which everyone goes through. Visible wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes are signs of ageing. Such skin flaws makes you look tired or aged. But with DIMPLE CREATION like suitable treatment one feels younger, healthier and rejuvenated.
Nowadays DIMPLE CREATION is gaining immense popularity because it produce results that blend extremely well with a patient’s facial aesthetics. Soon after the surgery, one gets back to the desired or normal shape of a treated body part. One does not have to wait long to see the result, which is the beauty of cosmetic surgery.
INCREASED CONFIDENCE AND ENHANCED MENTAL HEALTH:
Self Confidence is a tool that helps us face challenges and tackle problems in life, with great certainty. When you look good, you feel good which in turn increases your self confidence. It leads to greater willingness to try new things or open up in social situations. You become more willing and open to wearing certain clothes or participating in activities which you avoided prior to surgery, due to discomfort in your appearance.
Certain clinicians and psychologists feel, few corrections in your body parts, by cosmetic surgery can not only lead to emotional wellness but also enhanced mental health.
Studies do suggest that people that are more attractive benefit in their personal as well as professional lives.
Studies have also found, good looking people have a higher probability of getting promotions and making more salary.
A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics revealed that good looking real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were average looking.
Disadvantages of DIMPLE CREATION :.
- If an insufficient scar forms then there are chances that the dimple forming is improper.
- In conclusion after undergoing a dimpleplasty, it may take a week or so to look the way one wants, but the results will be amazing.
- If you wish to undergo a DIMPLE CREATION for specific goal or need, what is unique to you, please consult your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Dimple Creation Surgery Procedure
- DIMPLE CREATION is obtained by creating adhesions between the cheek muscle and skin.
- No incision or scar is made outside skin.
- To achieve this, the cosmetic surgeon makes a small incision inside the mouth to reach the interior of the cheek.
- An absorbable surgical seam is then used to attach the underside of the cheek skin to the newly-created defect in the cheek muscle.
- The incision inside the mouth is closed with the help of one or two absorbable sutures.
- After the sutures dissolve, the skin will appear normal, but beneath the skin the necessary connection to the cheek muscle is already been created.
- Once the healing process is completed, the desired dimple appears when one smiles.
- Initially the dimple is present even without smiling, but after a few weeks, the dimple appears while smiling or moving the face.
- A dimple procedure does not leave any noticeable incisions or scars on the exterior of the patient’s face.
- The surgery takes around an hour to complete.
- A local anesthesia is preferably given, and the effect lasts for a period of up to two hours.
- One can resume normal activities right after the procedure.
The potential for complications while performing surgery persist, just as for any other operation.
Pain is probably the most significant drawback of plastic surgery, and recovery times can be as long as six months in a few cases.
Some individuals may be at risk of severe reactions to anaesthesia or may develop health problems such as bleeding as a result of their surgery.
You need to discuss with Doctor regarding risks involved in the procedure.
Severe side effects:
Any surgical procedures carries a certain amount of risk, which may include excessive swelling, bruising or bleeding , wound becomes infected, delayed healing of wounds, numbness, breathing difficulties, unfavourable scarring, extrusion of implants or sutures, pain, and the need for revision of the surgery.
Worsened Self Image:
Cosmetic surgery is not necessarily a purely aesthetic choice few choose it out of low self esteem and depression. If this is the true intention behind the surgery, than you will most probably never feel better after surgery because the underlying problems will still be unresolved.
All in all, however, if complications are few and the benefits far outweigh the risks then Cosmetic Surgery is a procedure that can change your life for the better.
Preparing For Dimple Creation Surgery
If you are considering DIMPLE CREATION , it is important to take the time to determine why you want the surgery in the first place. If you have a medical need, or if you truly feel that this treatment will improve your quality of life, then you are a good candidate if you meet the aforementioned criteria.
While some people think that DIMPLE CREATION is just a cosmetic procedure, it is in fact a medical procedure required for some people. DIMPLE CREATION is done, not just to enhance your appearance but to also contribute to your overall health. Although having a DIMPLE CREATION is common for celebrities and those who work in the limelight, certain life circumstances can force you to go under the knife. Here are some medically-necessary reasons that require you to have DIMPLE CREATION .
- The most appropriate way to consider your competency for any kind of plastic surgery is to schedule an appointment with a proficient surgeon.
- During the first encounter the doctor will try to understand why you feel the need to have a surgery and also what are your expectations from the outcome of the surgery.
- The physician will evaluate your medical history; inquire about your current medication and medical condition. He should also be aware of everything you take, including vitamin supplements or herbal products since they might interfere with other medicines used during surgery. The surgeon might ask you to perform blood tests and a few general lab tests to monitor your current health status.
- The surgeon will perform a physical exam, to have a close look at the skin, associated muscles and bones, their quality and the kind of changes that can be made. Surgeon might also suggest an additional surgery which will enhance or compliment your look,
- and last but not the least; the physician will assess your mental fitness to check whether you are ready to undergo the surgery.
- Recovery is basically the time required to get back to a relatively normal routine.
- Patients who wish to undergo DIMPLE CREATION must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public.
- The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed.
- It can take up to two three weeks to return to work and perform everyday activities. After consulting with the doctor, People can utilise this time to go on a vacation or nurture themselves.
- Sometimes the DIMPLE CREATION doesn’t produce the results the patient imagines. This gap between imagination and reality may frustrate patient.
- Expecting unrealistic results, like the surgery will make you look like a Hollywood or Bollywood star and automatically solve all of your problems, can be a significant drawback to having cosmetic procedures.
- To have a better experience, it is extremely important to consult a qualified doctor before planning the surgery and develop a rational idea of what the end result will look like.
After Effects Of Surgery
- There are chances of having mild to moderate pain and discomfort post surgery. The pain can be easily regulated with oral medications.The distress and pain should reduce within 72 hours after surgery. A reasonable increase in pain post 72 hours should prompt you to contact the doctor.
- Swelling can differ from patient to patient. It might increase during first three to four days before subsiding.Things that can be done to reduce swelling include keeping the head elevated as much as possible; avoid bending over or lifting heavy objects.Prolonged sun exposure should also be avoided for the initial two to three months.
- Most bruising and discoloration resolve within the first two to three weeks. Make up can be applied to cover up the discolouration when been seen in public.
- The body part that undergoes the surgery can be numb for few days. The feeling of numbness is normal and shall reduce over upcoming weeks. Unusual sensations and moderate discomfort can persist while the nerves are regenerating over time.
- Sometimes bleeding can occur, post surgery. You can lie down with your head elevated but if the bleeding still persists at this point, it would be advisable to consult your doctor.
- It is perfectly alright for patients to go through a period of mild depression after the cosmetic surgery as after some days or weeks which depends on surgery, patients generally becomes anxious and expects the results when swelling and bruising still persists. But the patient should realize that it is a temporary condition and things are bound to improve over a period of time.
Post Surgery Do’s And Don’ts
Ask your doctor. for better and suitable guidelines. Following are the general instructions which should help you get the best results from your surgery.
Post Surgery do’s and don’ts:
- No vigorous exercise, contact sports and running for minimum of two weeks.
- No lifting heavy objects for at least 3 weeks.
- Avoid pullover clothing for two weeks especially if you have undergone a face surgery.
- Bypass hard chewing foods for a few days.
- Avoid yawning and wide mouth opening for two to three weeks.
- Avoid nose blowing or sniffing through the nose especially after rhinoplasty or nose job.
- Avoid driving a vehicle for a few days after surgery.
- No swimming for at least two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid laughing, smiling, or other facial expressions that need a lot of movement.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Prefer using a mild soap and shampoo while taking a shower.
- It is essential to maintain the tape and cover on the surgery to keep it dry. Once the doctor advises to remove the tape you can to gently wash your surgery area twice a day to help reduce oiliness.
- You should be prompt enough to contact the doctor immediately, for any signs of bleeding that persist for more than ten minutes, infections, redness, swelling, fever, pain etc.
Exercising After Dimple Creation
After cosmetic surgery many patients asks about post surgery exercise or when can they resume their gym activity. Patients needs to understand that, its extremely crucial to give enough time for proper healing of your body, for eg strain on muscles, excessive sweating, stretching of the skin etc. can delay the recovery.
You need to consult your doctor about
- How soon you can start exercising?
- What type of exercise?
- How much time?
Don’t start exercise without asking your doctor and follow guidelines given by your doctor as for complete healing, body needs time, and you need enough energy level for your routine and gym.
Seek Medical Help
CALL THE OFFICE PROMPTLY IF YOU NOTICE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Development of a temperature elevation exceeding 100 degrees.
- An unusual amount of bleeding from the surgery area
- Significant reinjury of the surgery area
- A significant increase in pain even after taking your prescribed medication
In such situations, we expect you to call to the clinic even after office hour, Please do not hesitate to call us or present yourself to the emergency section of the clinic for evaluation.
Patients who wish to undergo a cosmetic surgery must plan for time off to heal and to be comfortable being seen in public. The healing time can vary from person to person and will also depend on the type of surgery to be performed and the results are worth the wait. Swelling remains for four to six weeks and healing process may continue for the first year. I will follow you through this entire process, but you need to keep patience.